- We assist you in the analysis of your acquisition strategy
- We develop scenarios for the future outcome and analyse alternatives
- We assist you in defining the acquisition profile
- We advise you with respect to structuring the project and the governance around it
- We develop a comprehensive financial model to analyse alternatives
Executing the acquisition process
- We analyse targets and develop bid proposals
- We help you evaluate the best bidding strategy
- We assess the strength of alternative bidders and tactics to position you in the best possible way
- We approach targets and use our comprehensive global network to reach out to key decision makers
- We coordinate the due diligence process and help you evaluate the outcome and consequences of the due diligence analysis including deal breakers
- We assist you in the evaluation of alternative ways of financing the acquisition and we assist you in the dialogue with banks and other finance providers
- We work closely with your lawyers to make sure the deal documentation and legal agreements reflect the financial analysis
Some of the key issues you must consider:
- What is the acquisition strategy and the outcome you wish for ?
- What is the profile (size, geography, business area, ownership etc) of the targets you wish to acquire ?
- How do you identify the targets ?
- How do you approach the targets ?
- What analysis is required to quantify potential synergies?
- What price should you offer ?
- How should your offer be structured (cash, earnout, milestone based , share swop, etc) ?
- What is the valuation of your own company in case part of the payment is made in shares ?
- What due diligence is necessary and what team should you use ?
- How should you structure the communication – both internally and externally ?
- What is the best governance of the acquisition project – who is involved and how do you secure the best communication to secure goal alignment throughout the process ?